ios shortcuts

badgolferman

Sep 13, 2022, 11:52:25 AM9/13/22
When I got my iPhone 12 last year I couldn't really understand the
usefulness of iOS shortcuts and ended up uninstalling the app. Since
then though I've discovered an annoying issue with the phone which I
wondered if using a shortcut would work to get around it.

Often times when entering inside rooms of building my 5G connection
becomes unreliable. There is a bar or two visible in the status bar
but it's really not working. I have the cellular options set to 5G
Auto so it's supposed to switch to LTE automatically, but I think that
function is unreliable.

I reinstalled the Shortcuts app and played around with it until I was
able to make two shortcuts titled 4G and 5G. These shortcuts will
change my cellular data settings back and forth with only one tap
rather than having to navigate through the Settings to do it. Now when
I notice my data connection is not working deep inside buildings I can
easily switch to LTE with one tap and be in business again.

What Shortcuts do you use and how are they useful to you?

Archie

Sep 13, 2022, 12:14:51 PM9/13/22
On Tue, 13 Sep 2022 15:52:24 -0000 (UTC), badgolferman wrote:

> What Shortcuts do you use and how are they useful to you?

I have a separate shortcut to each of the wifi access points I connect to.

sticks

Sep 13, 2022, 12:16:32 PM9/13/22
On 9/13/2022 10:52 AM, badgolferman wrote:

> What Shortcuts do you use and how are they useful to you?

Toggle JavaScript on Safari. Saves a few steps by taking you right to
the advanced options page

Corentin Bardet

Sep 13, 2022, 12:49:17 PM9/13/22
Le 13/09/2022 à 17:52, badgolferman a écrit :
> What Shortcuts do you use and how are they useful to you?

I use a shortcut that SSH to my Mac through my personal VPN to lock it.
Pretty cool.

Cheers,

--
Corentin

Jolly Roger

Sep 13, 2022, 6:12:05 PM9/13/22
On 2022-09-13, Corentin Bardet <core...@fastmail.com> wrote:
> Le 13/09/2022 à 17:52, badgolferman a écrit :
>>
>> What Shortcuts do you use and how are they useful to you?
>
> I use a shortcut that SSH to my Mac through my personal VPN to lock
> it. Pretty cool.

You can also that sort of thing through Find My.

I have a couple shortcuts that do various things with command-line tools
on my computers / NAS at home through SSH as well. Fun stuff. : )

JR